Do not sabotage your dreams.
Do you dream of the day when you can stay at home and be a business entrepreneur working on a project that you are passionate about? Many of us have this dream, for most people the only thing that is holding you back is yourself. What I mean by this is that you are in a comfortable position right now and you are afraid to leave your comfort zone and follow your dreams.
Many fall into this trap and we constantly find ways to sabotage our thoughts and behaviors that hold us back from getting out of our comfort zone and do something that we are passionate about.
Here is a list of thought that I have come up with that kept me in the past from stepping out of my comfort zone.
- The wait game – Many of us play the wait game. We tell ourselves and others that when I have accomplished X – Z I will start my business. If you have a strong desire to have a home based business then there is no time like the present to get it started. If you do not start now then you will probably never will get started.
- Looking for help – Starting a home based business can be intimidating and many of us are waiting for someone to come along to hold our hand while we are scared to take the leap of faith. I use to feel this way but I found support from online communities and forums on the subject that I wanted to start my business in. Asking people that are in like businesses on forums can be a much better resource than waiting for someone to hold your hand. Many people in these forums have been in the same boat as you are right now and they can guide and direct you in the correct direction.
- Make the time – We all can come up with the excuse that we do not have enough time. We tend to let distractions get in our way and keep us from focusing on our business. Each one of us are blessed with 24 hours in a day, the question is, what are you going to do with that 24 hours to be a successful at home based business?
- Remove distractions – We all have distractions in our lives that eat away at our time. We need to focus on shutting down the noise that distracts us from what we are trying to focus on. We need to be 100% focused on what needs to be done in our business first in order to be successful. Turn off the phone, shut off the email, and stop letting social media eat up your time. If you run a home business you need to prioritize your time and your first priority of the day needs to be your business and your cliental.
- I don’t have the education – Don’t use this excuse to keep you from doing what you are passionate about. Stop telling yourself that you are not smart enough or I don’t have the education to be successful. You don’t have to be a business professional to have a small business that you can run from home.
- Be positive – Many people fail at home based businesses because they focus on negative comments from family and friends. People today want to see us fail, news and gossip only focus on negativity and not on positive results. Don’t let what overs may say spoil your passion and keep you from succeeding. Keep telling yourself that you will succeed.
If you have the dream of being a successful stay at home business owner then don’t fall into one of these traps that I have mentioned above. Don’t let others or your own mind sabotage you from doing what you are passionate about.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, if you have anything you would like to add we would love to hear from you.