The benefits of coconut oil and honey for your skin.
I have been researching all the benefits of coconut oil for the body and I keep running into the same information of how beneficial coconut oil is for the skin. As my wife and I are getting older and more old age spots appear on our faces and hands we figured why not give coconut oil a try to see if it helps. Many people swear by it and it sure cannot hurt us. Of course, me being the husband I was the one that was more skeptical about smearing stuff on my skin, but I finally got over it and gave it a shot.
But why mix in honey?
Honey has many fantastic ingredients that is also great for the body and skin. Using the coconut oil along with the honey it makes a wonderful face mask. Most people already know that facial mask is very beneficial since they provide concentrated nutrients and minerals for the skin. Many facial masks are made up of honey to begin with so why not make yours at home of these to great ingredients; coconut oil and honey.
Honey contains many natural ingredients such as antioxidants that counteract the effects of free radicals, alpha hydroxy acids which are great exfoliators. Honey also has strong antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties which is also beneficial for the skin and other inflammatory conditions. Honey also has natural properties that is said to help repair damaged tissue and restore many other facial conditions and issues.
If you are considering on trying this homemade coconut oil and honey face mask here are the ingredients and instructions of how to make your own mask.
- 2 teaspoons of cold pressed coconut oil.
- 5 teaspoons raw, unpasteurized honey I would recommend purchasing locally grown honey.
- 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil, this is optional on your part.
- Mix raw honey with coconut oil and lavender essential oil by stirring with a spoon.
- If mixture is too sticky, put it in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Once it’s hardened slightly, remove from refrigerator and stir with a spoon.
- Aftercleansing your skin, apply DIY coconut oil and honey face mask across your face with your fingers using small circular strokes. Leave mask on for 10-15 minutes.
- It’s important to make sure you use raw, organic honey from a trusted source. I recommend purchasing it froma locally owned honey producer.
- As with anything before using this mask, try a small area on your skin, some people may have sensitive skin and this may not be right for you.
- To remove the mask, soak a wash cloth in warm water and rest the wash cloth on your face for a few seconds. Then gently remove the mask by wiping gently. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
Not everyone has the same skin conditions and chemical balances in their bodies. Be careful at first and try a few small areas as a test area to make sure you do not have any bad reactions to anything.
We would love to hear from you if you have tried this facial mask of coconut oil and honey. If you have used it please inform us how it worked for you.