Homemade Strawberry Jam
I remember growing up in Wisconsin how we use to go and fight the black bears for fresh off the bush strawberries. We would pick bucket’s fully loaded of delicious strawberries and bring them home for my mother and grandmother to make fresh strawberry jam. Homemade Strawberry jam spread over my grandmothers buttermilk biscuits is, nothing can be any better. Let’s take a look at how simple it is to make strawberry jam.
- A pound or so of fresh strawberries, they need to be hulled and chopped
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. of lemon juic
- Put all three ingredients into a sauce pan.
- Stir over medium to low heat
- Slowly bring up the heat to a rolling boil, stirring frequently
- Keep stirring and smashing the berries. Let boil until the jam is thick bubbles cover the surface of the jam.
- Pour jam into clean sterilized jars and let settle and cool to room temperature.
- Seal the jars after they have cooled and store in refrigerator.
Thanks for visiting! Remember to like us on Facebook and Pinterest for daily updates.