Awesome Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Canned Pumpkin
Nothing warms the soul than fresh baked bread, especially on those cold winter days. The smell floats through the house and everyone comes running to grab a fresh slice of homemade bread when it first comes out of the oven. In the fall I love to cook homemade pumpkin bread. I do not take the time to use fresh pumpkin, I cheat and use canned pumpkin instead. Now some of you may call me a trader for using canned pumpkin, if I have the time to process my own pumpkin puree then I will, but most of the time I do not have the free time so I will use canned pumpkin instead.
We all know that time saved in the preparation of a meal is time better spent enjoying the process or the company of your family or guests.
This recipe makes one large baking pan’s worth. You can cook it in a couple of smaller pans if you wish. The ingredients below makes roughly two regular sized loaves.
10 oz. pumpkin puree (canned)
2 eggs (medium)
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F (That’s 180 C).
2. Lightly grease your baking pan(s), and sprinkle a light coat of flour on top.
3. Combine eggs, vegetable oil, sugar and pumpkin puree in a bowl and mix until they’re completely blended together.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and the spices.
5. Mix all the ingredients together into one larger bowl using a whisk.
6. Pour your batter into your greased and floured baking pan.
7. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 F. Inspect the bread in about 35 minutes. Once you can poke it with a toothpick without anything sticking to the toothpick, your bread is finished.
But of course who can resist the urge to try a piece of this delicious bread right when you pull it out of the oven. Now no one needs to know that you did not use fresh pumpkin and cheated a little by using store bought canned pumpkin. Your guest wont know unless you tell them, you secret is safe with me.