Creamy Southern Deviled Egg Recipe
Living in the south there is nothing better than the Southern Creamy Style Deviled Eggs. Of course since we raise our own chickens this is a classic dish at all our family gatherings. I remember the good ole days when we would gather with friends and families and have potlucks or have church luncheons on Sunday after worship services with the church family. One of the easiest dishes to make for a potluck is deviled eggs.
Now there is many different combination but the southern style straight classic mixture is the one that I still opt out for.
Southern Style Classic Deviled Eggs
- Six large hard boiled eggs
- Three tablespoons of mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon of prepared yellow mustard
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Sliced baby dill pickles
- Boil six eggs till they are hardboiled and remove the shell.
- Cut the hard boiled egg without the shell in half.
- Remove the yolk and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir mixture together till the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Place the mixture in a piping bag with a large round tip. Squeeze the mixture into the hallowed out egg whites. Sprinkle the paprika till pretty and garnish the deviled eggs with a pickle slice.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as well as my family and friends. We would love to hear how you make your family’s favorite deviled egg dishes.